March 19, 2011

Dear Higher Power.... Avoiding the Sink-Hole of Complaint

Dear Higher Power,  


Let me remember that my power is not in changing someone else, nor is it my job to identify anyone's homework assignments for them.  May I learn to stop doing anyone else's inventory but my own. Let me begin with me, by accepting my own emotions (Emotions Anonymous' Step One).   



Faith in You helps me to refrain from magnifying my troubles, through complaining or analyzing.  As I become willing to let go of my "sad" story, I can create a more honest story of hope.  



Help me to stop scratching the "itch" that leads to my personal brand of unmanageability; instead, let me accept the medicine of Your loving-kindness to reduce my emotional inflammation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~