April 7, 2011

APRIL 7, Choices, Courage and Confidence

I love the universal nature of this reading from the Today Book in EA.  I also find it helpful to remember that the word, decision, is derived from old roots meaning: to cut away.


REFLECTION FOR TODAY
All I have are these twenty- four hours. Each second, minute, and hour I have a choice. Do I realize how many choices I do make each day, however, small they are? I am responsible when I am making decisions. Each choice I make helps me to grow. Some decisions I make might be right, some might be wrong, but I grow from all of them. I gain more confidence with each decision I make.


MEDITATION FOR TODAY Give me the courage to make decisions. 


TODAY I WILL REMEMBER The worst choice may be to make no choice, but even that is a choice.


FROM: TODAY BOOK, (emotionsanonymous.org) "(C)Copyright Emotions Anonymous, used with permission of the EA International Service Center" (Third printing, 1991)." 


Let me also share the recent Dear Abby column which recommends EA. I think Abby would have done well to mention that AA might be the person's first priority meeting to attend, but I am not complaining that EA is receiving long-awaited recognition from this!

http://www.newtondailynews.com/articles/2011/04/04/r_pkw5l4teqbiwbxrsq7aiwq/index.xml?__xsl=/print.xsl         

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea not making a choice is also making a decision.
    Kind of like voting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that today my decisions are not based on reaction. I can truly use THINK and then act.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~