April 15, 2010

Smitty's ESH: The Power of Admission

I had a meltdown today. Another bout with the "not good enoughs". It was a major storm with tears.

In the middle of my pity party, knowing that no amount of talk would help, I waited for my knight in shining armor to save my day.

But my husband only knew I was in emotional pain and he cared, wordlessly. In the end, it really was OK that the only Higher Power I could turn to was the one that is indivisible. THAT Higher Power let me experience that it was OK for my husband to be human, completely unable to read minds.

Heck, I could not analyze my emotions with words anyways! My Higher Power let me receive the wordless love and empathy my husband had in spades, tonight.

For this I am truly grateful .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~