January 25, 2011

Be Who You Are, and Let Go of Who You Are Not

For me Steps four through seven are all about letting go of "not me".

Step four is a dual exploration, of learning what I am.  I find it most healthy to look first for the good... and then to shine my brightest light so I can see my shortcomings. Then I openheartedly study and name each one until all corners of my dark room are explored and known. 



Then comes Step five, the sharing step, where I speak through it all with a trusted program partner.  I've always believed in keeping a copy of my first treatise on my Self.


While Steps six and seven have always seemed redundant, I guess it is through their repetition that I learn how to let go and let go and let go....

For I am not my flaws, and I am not my diagnosis either. I am me.

Learn to .. be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. ~Henri Frederic Amiel


1 comment:

  1. Great quote! I am learning to be the authentic me. It is a process.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~