May 24, 2011

Detaching with Love....

I was glad to spend some time talking with my aunt M. today.  It is she whose husband we are grieving the loss of.  


It was good to laugh with M about my uncle. I also felt privileged to hear what she misses most about him in recent years: the closeness of slow dancing. She felt like in those moments, they were one person. 

I was so happy to hear that she feels his spirit with her each day. She is also preparing for great changes, mentally and emotionally, for it will be important for her downsize and find a more suitable home in which to live long term.

Detaching with love is the concept I hope I can share with Aunt M. as we continue our communications. 

As for myself, how glad I am for program and for a face-to-face meeting in a sister program where I could share again about how I am detaching with love from the years of difficulty I have had with my mom.  Right now, with her, silence is golden.  I ain't putting up with any doo-doo! (But I am celebrating this quietly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~