June 2, 2011

No Need to Fear, HP is Here!

(Adapted for personal use from June 2nd's Courage to Change in Alanon.)

One gift of being a longtime member of our programs is that I have accumulated a large supply of healthy, positive experiences which remind me that my Higher Power is worthy of my trust. Although I have faced many challenges and difficulties, my Higher Power has never let me down. This has not prevented me from having problems; if that had not been the case, I would have missed out on life-changing lessons I might not have learned any other way. Instead, I was given challenges and opportunities--but never more than I could handle. Even when I feared that my circumstances were too much for me, help, guidance, and comfort were always there.

Today when I encounter a crisis, I have no need to fear. My own experience teaches me that I can rely on a Power greater than myself to help me through whatever happens. At first, I had to "act as if" I believed that I'd be cared for. As if had faith. But each time I took this risk, observed the results. Again and again, my Higher Power stepped in to help. I have never once regretted my decision to trust.

Today's Reminder

What happens when I trust my Higher Power?  Just for today, allow me to be open to each opportunity to build a supply of positive spiritual experiences. 

"By far the best proof is experience." Francis Bacon

1 comment:

  1. it is when you act on faith that you actually have it -

    Loved this blog message today!
    ~d

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~