February 3, 2016

Want to Share Pomegranates?


Dear Mom, 

I bought two copies of the enclosed book, Traveling With Pomegranates, so that we can read it together, when we are ready. Would it appeal to you to talk about it as we read?

A dear friend of mine who's  20 years older than me, said this was one of her favorite books by Sue Monk Kidd, and that she had really enjoyed it for its focus on mom-daughter relationships. When I first heard the title – I  thought of how Christmas is often a time I buy pomegranates  for my family to enjoy. Plus I always liked the Greek myth.   Remember Persephone?

When I bought our book, and peeked inside, I most liked the map to the beginning. You know, between the two of us, we have a few global maps ourselves! You've been to  South Carolina and I'm not been to France but maybe we can put our own stories together sometimes we can see how the puzzle pieces fit. Anyways it seemed to me that you may have wished we could've done a trip when we first moved out east to 20 years ago. No,  we can't turn back the clock, but I think we may need to put our heads together so that we do bridge the geographic miles between us in 2016.

Mom I love you!

~Smitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~