February 20, 2011

February 17: From turning, turning (it over) ..we come round right

(Adapted for personal use from Courage to Change in Alanon.)

My vison can be so limited. I often think that the only possible outcomes are those I can imagine. Fortunately my Higher Power is not restricted by such logic. In fact, some of the most wondrous events grow out of what appear to be disasters.

But faith takes practice.  Fears can loom large, and I can get lost in my limited thinking.  When I can't see any way out and I doubt that even a Higher Power can help me, that's when I most need to pray. When I do, my actions demonstrate my willingness to be helped. I've seen, time after time, the help I need is given to me.

Today I know that even when my situation looks bleak and I can't see my way out, miracles can happen if I turn my will and life over to God.

I have an important part to play in my relationship with my Higher Power--I have to be willing to receive help, and I have to ask for it. If I develop the habit of turning to my Higher Power for help with small, everyday matters, I'll know what to do when faced with more difficult challenges.

"In the hour of adversity, be not without hope, for crystal rain falls from black clouds." Persian poem

1 comment:

  1. Faith does take my remembering steps 2 and 3 and really believing them. I struggled with this early on in recovery but now realize that faith will carry me through the worst of times.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~