August 22, 2012

Asking.... for Release from My Shortcomings


Today I share my thoughts on the word, "shortcomings" and the verb, "to ask."

I truly prefer the word "shortcomings" to the words "wrongs," "defects of character," or even "sins."  (Though I know the word, sin, actually derives from the verb meaning, "to miss the mark.") 

Shortcomings. It is only shortcomings that I shall overcome, using the Higher Perspective of program principles. 

That is why I breathe a sigh of relief each time I read this Step. There will be plenty of me left, when my shortcoming are seen in correct measure! 

Now, the verb, ASK. All of three letters and a powerful word often associated with prayer. 

Asking for release from my shortcomings is a powerful prayer. Humble prayer is prayer with willingness to let go of my misperceptions of Self.  By letting go, I can better serve, allowing my strengths to perform for me.

Just my "humble" opinion. From an "earthy" perspective.

Thy will, not mine, be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~