September 10, 2012

Mistakes, Anyone?


I am going to share the September 9th Today reading in Emotions Anonymous, because I think I make more mistakes than the average bear..

" When we begin to open ourselves to living, we generally feel a great deal of freedom.  Yet we are also aware of our fear.Suddenly many choices lie before us.  Of course, we do not want to make a mistake which may hurt us later.  But we do not want to miss out any longer either.  Like a new colt out in the pasture for the first time, we are apt to stumble and fall.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I be patient with myself when I make a mistake.
Mistakes can be unexpected learning experiences.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

It does not matter how many times I stumble and fall;
 it matters only that I pick myself up, learn, and go forward."

The last line reminds me of this quote a program friend used in her signature, "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."  - Kung Fu-Tze (Confucius).

As for the topic of mistakes, I make them regularly, myself, as for me this is the way I learn.
This quote is a gentler reminder, especially as I am embarking on a regular prayer and meditation practice. 

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from."  E. Kubler-Ross

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, If you come by to share an iffy link with me to promote yourself, I will have to call you spam.

    This latest was a rave comment with a website that was going to take me to a late night prostate massage hot spot in London.

    I didn't think that was why folks stopped by to read. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think that I learn from my mistakes. It often takes hindsight for me to figure it out though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It also takes a good memory, Marcia! No seriously, I find that I am supposed to reflect on my mistakes and appreciate the good in even a blundered situation.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~