January 3, 2015

A Letter To Myself from last January

The following is a letter that I received from myself,  just before year's end. It was written at the very start of 2014, and of course, I had forgotten all about it. It was a gift for me to read these words, sent in hope and optimism… and consider how they had come true.   
Dear Me,
I am hoping that you have a calm heart and no resentments when you read this in year's time. May your past misunderstanding with a former program friend be something that helps you have more strength of character and compassion. May you simply observe her process with consideration and faith.
If you and this former friend, with whom you have had a falling out, do make amends this year, amen! If not, may you spare the next newcomer any unconsidered words, and not place burdens at her feet that she cannot bear.
And, may you have a wonderful milestone with your own and others recovery stories!
Love, Me
PS: I am interested to know--how do you like your publisher?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~