June 29, 2015

Tradition! Tradition!

The following two paragraphs come from the EA Twelve and Twelve, and are excerpted from the reading on Tradition Five.  I am a bit behind on my study elsewhere, and thought I could do double-duty in sharing it here.   

"An EA meeting is one of the most obvious places for individual members to work Step Twelve, "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message and to work these steps in all of our affairs."

"This is where we find the paradox of the program: we cannot keep the recovery we find in EA, until we give it away to others. Our group exists so we can share how the Twelve Steps help us. Perhaps the most useful way we carry the message is by the positive changes others see in us, sometimes even before we see that we are changing. Our own example shows others that recovery is possible through EA. The discussion of Step Twelve is in the book, Emotions Anonymous, lists several other ways that individuals carry our message of hope."

I have found, in the past, that starting new (often more intimate) meetings online or face-to-face has been one way I have felt moved to spread the message.  I know EA could use some branches and even some runners, to cover new ground. I know this, in my heart of hearts. Yet, while we have several groups online that are so embracing and so varied, I know most people in the world don't know about EAnon. 

Have you other favorite ways you like to spread the message of what we do in EA or its Sister program, that take us beyond these gates?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Keep me honest~